Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I FINALLY FOUND AN ANSWER!!!

For anyone else out there who dreams "all night" just like myself, it may have taken writing a few scholers that probably think I am nuts, but I found out what we suffer from! Unfortunatly, there is no way to shut it off yet, but here is an excerpt from the paper Dreaming: a psychiatric view and insightsfrom the study of parasomnias1 n A. S. Eisera, C. H. Schenckb

Beginning in 1986, as our sleep center was becoming
more familiar with the characteristic dream disturbances
of RBD, and as we were also becoming
increasingly aware that adults with sleepwalking
and sleep terrors could have precipitous and sometimes
elaborate dreaming during their recurrent
NREM sleep episodes, we also started seeing
patients who presented with a distinct set of dreamrelated
complaints that we eventually named “epic
dream disorder”. In 1995 we published findings
from our initial series of 20 patients in an abstract
entitled,“A disorder of epic dreaming with daytime
fatigue, usually without polysomnographic abnormalities
that predominantly affects women” [25].
I will now summarize the salient findings from this
series, present two clinical vignettes, and describe
subsequent reports from three other centers in
two additional countries on this intriguing, newly
recognized dream disorder.

Now that we have a name for it, maybe we can start making someone listen to us, and figure it out!!

As long as I can remember, I have had benign positional vertigo, to which some of this problem may correlate. YIPPIE!! I am on to something here, and hope we can start a community to figure this out.

SO COME ON, LEAVE SOME COMMENTS!! LET'S GET THE BALL ROLLING ON MAKING A STAND TO NO LONGER PUT UP WITH SO CALLED "SLEEP DOCTORS" IGNORING OUR COMPLAINTS!!!!

I Wish you All the Best!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to find this information. It's a shame that more research is not done on this. I hope more people find your blog and it increases awareness. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! I will try to find more on it, but boy is it hard to do! There are more of us out there, and I surely hope to find some of them. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there are plenty of us out here I am sure. Me being one of them. I feel like I live a whole other life while dreaming and it wears me out. I have yet to read the above report, but am about to. Thanks for searching, some restful sleep would be nice for once... I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also suffer greatly from "dreaming too much" !!! ... I dream from the moment I shut my eyes ... at any time... day or night, so I prefer to doze off in front of the tv, in order to prevent that feeling (every night) ... of not having enough energy, to face the adventures and bizarre experiences of my sleeping/dreaming "otherworld"!!! I long to find some answers, so I can become a well rested, real person, again!!

    ReplyDelete